Parent Forum 4th May Feedback:
Many thanks to the families who joined me for my second Parents Forum of the year. I was delighted to share with you some of our triumphs and areas of progress this year.
- A feeling that the school is “on the up”.
- Strong relationships between staff and students.
- Improved behaviour.
- Outstanding 6th Form.
- Improved extra-curricula offer.
Changes you’ve liked:
- Headteacher daily walks.
- Improved communication with parents via twitter and website, texts, etc.
- Exam preparation.
- Form time at the start of the day.
- Weekly Headteacher Celebration Breakfasts.
Some common themes I picked up from feedback on what we could improve:
- Whilst Show My Homework is an improvement, there is still not enough Homework being set.
- Ensuring that the opportunities provided in the Advanced Learners Programme are rolled out more widely.
- More meaningful reports.
- Parents need to be better informed about teacher changes and want to know more about who their child’s form tutor is.
- Ensure that no student feels any peer pressure not to be seen to be doing well in school.
- Improve the rewards system.
- Ensure that we get better at enabling students to catch-up if they start secondary school struggling with numeracy and literacy.
- Ensure that student helpers at school events are well briefed.
- Provide more notice of fixtures.
- Involve parents more in the life of the school.
May Parent Forum Presentation