- 2021/22 Applications Completed
- Important Documentation
- Payment for the award
- Useful Websites
- Useful resources for completing your award
- Volunteering opportunities & local ideas for completing your sections
- 2021/22 Expedition section information
2021/22 Applications Completed
The system for application for the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in the 2021/22 academic year was open until 11:45pm on Friday 5th November 2021 and is now closed.
As we return to running the award, we have taken the decision that it would be best to run the Bronze level of the award for Year 9 and Year 10 students, with those in Year 10 being able to complete the National Citizenship Service Summer Activities after their exams in Year 11. The Silver level of the award will therefore not run in 2021/22.
To view presentation slides from the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, please click the links below:
- Duke of Edinburgh Award 2021/22 – Terms & Conditions – including full details regarding payment for the award (please find a summary below).
Payment for the Award
Participation in the DofE Award is subject to payment being received by Tytherington School’s Finance Office.
Payment is to be made in full or in instalments through our online ParentPay system, as set out in the table below. Any failure to pay the instalments by the dates shown on the application form will lead to participants being removed from the Award.
We offer financial support for those students in receipt of the Pupil Premium – please contact Mr Andy Pilbury (Deputy Headteacher) directly about this via email email@example.com
|Instalments||Bronze Award||Payable by…|
Due following completion of application – to confirm the application
|£100.00||Friday 5th November 2021|
Due six weeks prior to the Practice Expedition
|£90.00||Friday 11th February 2022|
Due four weeks prior to the Qualifying Expedition
|£90.00||Friday 10th June 2022|
|Cost “In Full”
Option to pay following completion of application – to confirm the application
|£280.00||Friday 5th November 2021|
Please see Duke of Edinburgh Award 2021/22 – Terms & Conditions for full details.
- ‘Doing your DofE’ Participants Info Website – Contains loads of information to support you in completing this independent award. Virtually all of the other resources found on this web-page have come from this website.
- eDofE – The portal for logging into your eDofE account, recording your activities and logging your hours of Volunteering, Physical and Skills sections, and providing evidence for those sections and your Expedition.
Useful resources for completing your award
Please feel free to download and use the following resources to support your independent completion of the award:
- The eDofE Participant App – Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store that makes managing your account very straightforward and uploading photos of evidence a breeze. There is a video guide on YouTube that helps understand how to use the App.
- eDofE App User Guide for Participants – A very handy guide that takes you through all steps that you need to take from signing up and activating you account to providing Assessor’s Reports and completing the award through the eDofE App.
- 10-Step eDofE User Guide for Participants – A very handy guide that takes you through all steps that you need to take from signing up and activating you account to providing Assessor’s Reports and completing the award through the eDofE website.
- eDofE Username and Password Help – A guide to help you with any issues regarding your eDofE Username and Password.
- eDofE Single Sign-In Guide – If you have multiple eDofE accounts (possibly from doing DofE with different providers) then use this guide to link them together and only have to use one sign-in.
- DofE Award Timescales – A visual guide to the minimum timescales for your completion of the award.
- Guide to Writing an Assessor’s Report – A guide to give to your Assessors for each section to help them complete their report for you.
The following table contains links and downloads that relate to each of the award sections:
|Resource||Volunteering Section||Physical Section||Skills Section||Expedition Section|
|Programme Ideas – Use this for ideas of what to do to complete the section and check if it meets requirements||Download Ideas Sheet||Download Ideas Sheet||Download Ideas Sheet||N/A|
|Programme Planner – Use this to plan the activity for this section and then type/upload into eDofE||Download Planner||Download Planner||Download Planner||N/A|
|Activity Log – Use this log to keep track of your hours spent on your section activity||Download Activity Log||Download Activity Log||Download Activity Log||N/A|
|Other Resources||N/A||N/A||N/A||Get Outside the Classroom DofE A5 Expedition Handbook
eDofE OS Mapping Guide – A guide to using the Ordnance Survey Mapping tool within eDofE.
See below for further Expedition Section information…
Volunteering Opportunities & Local Ideas for Completing Your Sections
When we become aware of opportunities for volunteering in the local area, to help you with completing your volunteering hours as part of the Dukeof Edinburgh’s Award, we will post them here:
- Pearson Sports and Fitness Coaching – Jordan Pearson, of Pearson Sports and Fitness Coaching, is offering you the opportunity to complete your volunteering hours with his after-school sessions, held at Tytherington School. If interested, please contact Jordan Pearson directly via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gawsworth Community Shop – Gawsworth Community Shop have sent us this information and are welcoming volunteers to bring their skills to the organisation and help them maintain a local village shop for the inhabitants of Gawsworth.
- ‘Rookie Lifesaving’ course at Bollington Leisure Centre – Completing this course will go towards your Skill or Physical section of your award. Contact Fiona Ford at Bollington Leisure Centre for details
- Macclesfield Seal Swimming Club – please see the details for this volunteering opportunity via the image below:
2021/22 Expedition Section Information
The following dates have been provisionally agreed with Get Outside the Classroom for the 2021/22 academic year:
|Expedition Event||Bronze Award|
|Pre-Expedition Training Day||Tuesday 4th January 2022|
|Practice Expeditions||Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th March 2022|
|Qualifying Expeditions||Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th July 2022|
Information about the specific expeditions will be posted here when they are published and please also see the Get Outside the Classroom DofE A5 Expedition Handbook.
Pre-Expedition Training Day
|Information||Tuesday 4th January 2022|
|Participant & Parent Letter||Download Letter|
|Information||Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th March 2022|
|Parent Letter (inc. Drop-Off, Camping and Pick-Up Locations)||TBC|
|Information||Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th July 2022|
|Parent Letter (inc. Drop-Off, Camping and Pick-Up Locations)||TBC|