Please see the following letter and guidance to support you in accessing our eLearning platform:
Please see below for any notices or issues that we are presently aware of with regards to the provision of eLearning.
If you are experiencing issues yourself:
- Students or Parents/Guardians should click here to use the form to log an issue.
- Members of Staff should contact our IT Technicians via the normal email address.
Notices or present issues that we are aware of:
FireFly’s European Servers Fully Operational
- The European FireFly servers are now fully operational – https://fireflylearning.status.io/ – Thank you for your patience this morning.
Monday 1st March – Thursday 4th March 2021
The following arrangements are in place for Computer Science:
- Year 8 Computer Science (i.e. 8a/Cs1, 8a/Cs2, 8a/Cs3, 8a/Cs4, 8b/Cs1, 8b/Cs2, 8b/Cs3, 8b/Cs4 and 8b/Cs5) – All lessons will be set as Tasks on FireFly.
- Some Year 9 Computer Science (i.e. 9b/Cs1, 9a/Cs4 and 9b/Cs4) – Lessons will be set as Tasks on FireFly.
- Miss R Lester’s (RL) other classes (i.e. Years 10-13 Computer Science and Creative iMedia – 10B/Cm1, 10D/Cm1, 11C/CiM1, 11D/Cs1, 12B/Cs1 and 13B/Cs1) – All lessons will be set as Tasks on FireFly.
Tuesday 2nd March 2021 – Thursday 4th March 2021
- Mrs C Burke (BK) – Unfortunately, Mrs Burke has broken her arm and is unable to teach this week. Therefore, our English department will be delivering live lessons and students should look out for adjusted Teams invites to live lessons.
Monday 18th January – Thursday 4th March 2021
The following arrangements are in place for Science:
- Year 10 Science (i.e. 10SS1,10SS2,10SS3,10TS1,10TS2) – In order to accommodate live lessons, the timetable for Year 10 science lessons has changed please check your new timetable for when you have Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Due to childcare issues Mrs Wallis’ year 10TS1 and 10TS2 will be taught by Mrs McClusky. Mrs McClusky will send the live lesson invites out as normal.
- Year 12 Chemistry – Due to childcare issues Mrs Wallis year 12B Chemistry will be taught by Mr Acreman. Mr Acreman will send the live lesson invites out as normal, please be aware that you have these lessons at the same time as 12A Chemistry (i.e. Week 1 Wednesday Period 3, Week 1 Friday Period 5, Week 2 Monday Period 2 and Week 2 Thursday Period 3). This will replace study periods or free periods and when you should have Mrs Wallis these are now free periods.
Wednesday 3rd March 2021
- Mrs K Cooper (KC) – All lessons will be set as Tasks on FireFly.
- Mr A Pilbury (PY) – Period 4 (9a/G4), Task on FireFly.
Friday 5th March 2021
- All lessons will be set as Tasks on FireFly.