Virtual Work Experience 6th - 10th July 2020
Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic a practical year 10 work experience is not possible. We have therefore linked to the Oak National Academy to offer a virtual work experience week.
Below are the links to the main Oak Academy page for work experience and also the compulsory tasks for each day.
The tasks will also be set on firefly and links to additional resources will be included, to allow students to research further information and lessons.
Work Experience page: https://classroom.thenational.academy/year-groups/year-10/work-experience/
- Task one – Meet the Boss - https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/meet-the-boss-leadership-y10
- Task two – CV Creation - https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/cv-creation-y10
- Task three – Employability Skills - https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/employability-skills-in-everyday-life-y10
- Task Four - Understanding entrepreneurship - https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/understanding-entrepreneurship-y10
- Task five – Reflection of the week - https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/reflection-of-the-week-y10
Year 10 have also been signed up to BeReady, a website that was designed to develop the employability and 'soft skills' of graduates and school leavers to aid their transition into the workplace. All year 10 pupils will get an email to their school email address late on Monday 29th June or early on Tuesday 30th which will show you can how you can logon and access free micro-courses in Careers. The site has lots of resources on the, will get regular updates about what has been made available.
Head of careers