The following supporting documents and recordings are available in order to help in making the decisions as part of this process:
- Guided Choices Booklet for 2021-23 – click here to download
- Slides from the Guided Choices Information Evening on 21st January 2021 – click here to download
- Recording from the Guided Choices Information Evening on 21st January 2021 – click here to view
- Year 9 Guided Choices Taster Lesson Preferences Survey – this can be accessed through a Task within FireFly and needs completing by 10pm on Monday 25th January 2021
- Year 9 Guided Choices Selection Form – will be made available as an online form between the 22nd February and 3rd March 2021
We look forward to seeing you (virtually) at the events that support this important decision making process.
|Thursday 21st January 2021
Starts at 7:00pm
|Year 9 Guided Choices Information Evening
A presentation to students and parents, opening the process.
|Thursday 21st to Monday 25th January 2021
Closes at 10:00pm
|Taster Session Survey Open
From Thursday 21st through to Monday 25th January 2021, a survey will be open to collate from students the subjects that are not delivered in Key Stage 3 that they would like to have a taster of.
|w/b 1st and 8th February 2021||Taster Weeks
Year 9 students have the opportunity to have online taster lessons in the Key Stage 4 subjects.
|Friday 12th February 2021||Assessment & Monitoring Reports Sent Home
Assessment & Monitoring Reports will be sent home.
|Monday 22nd February 2021
1:00pm – 7:00pm
|Year 9 Parents’ Afternoon/Evening
Opportunity to discuss performance and possible choices with teachers.
The online “Year 9 Guided Choices Selection Form” will be opened.
|Tuesday 23rd to Wednesday 3rd March 2021||Guided Choices Support Meetings
Opportunity for parents and students that require any further support to book an online appointment to speak with a member of Tytherington School staff.
|Wednesday 3rd March 2021
|Choices Form Submission Deadline
Final date for submission of students’ online “Year 9 Guided Choices Selection Form”.
|March & April 2021||Guided Choices Review
If additional consultations are required, they will take place between selected students and a senior member of staff before final allocations are confirmed.
|April/May 2021||Confirmation of Choice Allocations
A confirmation letter informing you and your parents/carers of the choices that have been allocated is sent home.